What is a Drip Marketing Campaign?
A drip marketing campaign is a sequence of automated marketing messages delivered over a period of days.
Here's an example of how that might work in practice:
- A prospect visits your website.
- The prospect adds something to their cart but doesn't check out.
- They're added to an "Abandoned Cart" audience.
- They receive an email three days later that uses dynamic injection for email to include a reminder about the product they left in their cart.
- If they're still on your "Abandoned Cart" audience (i.e., they still haven't converted), they'll be sent a postcard two days later that uses dynamic injection for direct mail to include an offer related to the product they left in their cart.
Of course, that's just an example. The timing and channels used will vary based on your needs.
Using LeadPost for Drip Marketing
You can use LeadPost to create drip marketing campaigns that use our Email, Social & Display, and Direct Mail integrated marketing services by using the Send Delay feature in your campaigns.
Your drip marketing campaigns can be used for a particular channel alone, for instance, just with direct mail, or it can be used across all channels.
We generally recommend using email first, since it's a more inexpensive channel. Then, if they haven't converted, move to social, display, and direct mail.
If you have any questions, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.