To add a new client account to your Agency account, you'll navigate to the Clients page. ou'll Then, click the plus sign at the top of the page. I'll walk you through each of these options.
Then, you'll enter an email address for the client. You'll need to do this even if you're not going to send them login credentials. The client's email address must be an email address not already registered in the system.
Next, you'll enter the client's company name. Then, you'll indicate whether this client will be using Consumer Names and Addresses (B2C) data or Business Contact Information (B2B data). A single account cannot capture both data types and, once a client is added, this option cannot be changed.
If you do have a client that wants both data types, you'll need to set up two client accounts for them, A B2C account and. a B2B account.
After that, you'll choose whether they add this new client to your billing plan. The default is to add them to your billing plan so that all the credits they consume will be applied to your billing plan. Alternatively, you can select to give them a 14-day free trial. The number of leads your clients will get for the 14-day free trial will differ depending on whether they're capturing B2C or B2B data, but each will match the standard 14-day free trials that we offer on the LeadPost website for all clients.
Free trial credits do not come from your account. We cover those credits for you as an Agency user.
Then, you'll decide whether to put the client in an account group.
Then, they'll be able to log into their account. If you don't check this box, the client will not receive those credentials, and only you will be able to access the account.
Adding and Managing Users
To manage users, go to Account > Users. Then, next to a user's name, you'll see three icons in the Actions menu.
- Click the lock icon to log in as the user or to impersonate that user.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the user's information.
- Click the trash can icon to delete a user or disable their login.
Add a New User
To add a new user, click the plus icon at the top. Then, give the user a name, email, and permission level.
- The Standard permission level is basically the same thing as admin access.
- Read-Only access allows users to view things like reporting and campaigns, but they will not be able to make changes.
When you add a new user, you can add the user to a User Group or Account Group. If you don't add them to a user group, they will have access to all client accounts. If you do select a user group, they will only have access to the accounts that are associated with that user group.
Once you're done, click Create and the user will receive an email with their login credentials.
Account groups are completely optional, but you might use them to:
- give an agency or a partner that has multiple clients access to an account that allows them to have consolidated reporting on those clients
- offer consolidated reporting on a group of clients without giving anyone login access
Add an Account Group
To add an account group, go to Account > Groups. Then, click the plus sign at the top of the page.
Then, fill out the following information.
- Group Name. This is the name you'll use to remember the group.
- Parent Group (Optional). If you want to have parent and child groups, LeadPost supports a two-tier account group.
- Group Accounts (Optional). This is where you indicate which accounts are in the group.
- Group Users (Optional). This is where you indicate which users are in the group.
When you're finished, click Create.
If you need help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.